There are endless options for styling your hair – knowing what’s best for your hair type will save you time, money and, most importantly, keep your hair healthy!
Getting that sleek and shiny look is easy with the right flat iron. But which type is best? Both Titanium and Ceramic flat irons offer outstanding performance; so let’s understand a little more about how each of them works.
- Most commonly used material in flat irons
- Heats uniformly, with no hot or cold spots – important for consistent results
- Smoothly heats the hair from the inside without damaging the exterior layer
- Gentle on hair – great for fine/average hair
- Heats up quickly with the ability to generate a lot of negative ions (those things you need in order to neutralize the naturally occurring positive ions in your hair)
- Maximizes your styling effort by straightening each strand quickly without frizzy or puffy areas with fewer passes
- Works quickly, however use with caution as the high heat level may cause damage if not used carefully
- Incredibly lightweight material
Some important things to consider when choosing a flat iron are hair type, needs, durability and budget. Coarse, curly or thick hair would likely get the best results from high-heat titanium. Fine, color treated or damaged hair requires more moisture and is therefore more suitable to a Ceramic iron – like our Gold CONVERTABLE 1.25″ Ceramic Flat Iron.
Are you looking to tame a little fly-away frizz? Touch up your bangs? Create slick-straight strands from root to tip? How much time do you have to style your hair? The appropriate tool will be a life-saver when you need to style quick and effectively.
Busy girls with hair to spare might find their match with the Titanium XL with extra long 1” plates to style in no time. If you’re a newbie or need a gentle heat option, check out the LimeLight 1″ Ceramic flat iron. It comes in a chic sparkling silver glitter finish – we also have Fame, an electric blue color, and SuperStar, a vibrant rose gold.
Don’t forget to protect your strands with a heat protection spray like our STYLE PRIME Heat Protectant Spray before you style – no matter what option you choose. And have fun with it and live your best hair life!